top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

How long till I get my refund?

The IRS issues 9 out of 10 refunds in less than 21 days. However, it’s possible your tax return may require additional review and take longer. Where’s My Refund? has the most up to date information available about your refund. The tool is updated no more than once a day so you don’t need to check more often.




How long should I keep my tax records?

The length of time you should keep a document depends on the action, expense, or event which the document records. Generally, you must keep your records that support an item of income, deduction or credit shown on your tax return until the period of limitations for that tax return runs out.

  1. Keep records for 3 years if situations (4), (5), and (6) below do not apply to you.

  2. Keep records for 3 years from the date you filed your original return or 2 years from the date you paid the tax, whichever is later, if you file a claim for credit or refund after you file your return.

  3. Keep records for 7 years if you file a claim for a loss from worthless securities or bad debt deduction.

  4. Keep records for 6 years if you do not report income that you should report, and it is more than 25% of the gross income shown on your return.

  5. Keep records indefinitely if you do not file a return.

  6. Keep records indefinitely if you file a fraudulent return.

  7. Keep employment tax records for at least 4 years after the date that the tax becomes due or is paid, whichever is later.

The following questions should be applied to each record as you decide whether to keep a document or throw it away.



What do I do if I get a notice from IRS?
  • Read

Each notice or letter contains a lot of valuable information, so it’s very important that you read it carefully. If we changed your tax return, compare the information we provided in the notice or letter with the information in your original return. 

  • Respond

If your notice or letter requires a response by a specific date, there are two main reasons you’ll want to comply:

  • to minimize additional interest and penalty charges.

  • to preserve your appeal rights if you don’t agree.


  • Call our office immediately 210-543-1040

What do I need to bring to file my tax return?

Valid Government issued ID, Social Security cards for all taxpayers and dependents, all sources of income issued by your employer. Most common forms are W2s and 1099s. Any statements issued from colleges/universities. If your going to itemize bring in all receipts such as donations, medical expenses, student loans and mortgage statements.   



What will it cost to file my tax return?​

All fees are determined by the forms necessary to file the tax return. We offer products that will allow you not to pay any cost up front. Please call for details 210-543-1040.

bottom of page